What you'll need in order to apply:
- Completed application and associated fee.
- Provide to the Board evidence or documented proof of one of the three following credentials below. You may send a notarized copy to the Board. If you are selecting number one, the Board will not accept a document that has been copied after it has been notarized.
- A current credential as a surgical assistant or surgical first assistant issued by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA), or the National Commission for Certification of Surgical Assistants (NCCSA) or their successors; or
- Successful completion of a surgical assistant training program during the applicant’s service as a member of any branch of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Practice as a surgical assistant in the Commonwealth at any time in the six months immediately prior to July 1, 2020.
Begin the online application