Virginia Board of Dentistry
Laws and Regulations
The below documents are in Microsoft Word format. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can get the Microsoft® Word Viewer 97/2000 to view and print documents.
- Click here to obtain a Petition for Rule-making. If you would like the Board to consider amending one of its regulations or rules, you may file a “petition for rule-making”. The Board is required to publish your petition in the Virginia Register to begin a 21-day comment period on the request. At the end of the 21 days, the Board must issue a written decision on whether it will grant or deny the petition. A copy of the petition form is provided. You may email the petition to the address below, fax it to the number on the form or mail it to the Board address.
- Regulations Governing Dental Practice - 5/7/2014
- Public Participation Guidelines - 11/12/2008
- Incorporated by Reference: Guidelines for Teaching Pain Control and Sedation to Dentists and Dental Students
- Incorporated by Reference: Protocol adopted by Virginia Department of Health (VDH) for Dental Hygienists to Practice in an Expanded Capacity under Remote Supervision by Public Health Dentists (September 2012)
- none at this time