|Download our latest brochure|
|Prescription Monitoring Program|
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:15 to 5:00
Virginia Prescription Monitoring Program
Governor McAuliffe announces new grant to help integrate PMP data into practitioner work flows
The grant, from PurduePharma, will allow Virginia’s PMP to connect with electronic health records used by Virginia doctors and pharmacies.
Read the Governor’s news release.
Learn more about PMP's NarxCare.
Virginia’s First Healthcare System Opts into Appriss Health’s NarxCare Platform
In the fight against prescription drug abuse and opioid addiction, prescribers at Tidewater’s Bayview Physicians Group and their patients are among the first beneficiaries of NarxCare by Appriss Health offered by Virginia’s Prescription Monitoring Program (PMP).
Read the full press release.
Download the Virginia Data Submission Dispenser Guide for more details about the current submission requirements effective beginning July 1, 2017.
VIRGINIA PMP Technology Upgrade Information
- Your existing Virginia PMP account has automatically been transferred into the new software system.
- The old website, www.pmp.dhp.virginia.gov/VAPMPWebCenter, is no longer available.
- Your new username will be the email address where you received this notice.
How to Access the Virginia PMP:
- Navigate to: https://virginia.pmpaware.net.
- Click the ‘Reset Password’ button on the homepage.
- Instructions will be emailed to you for resetting your password.
- If the email does not appear in your inbox, please check the spam folder.
- Once you have reset your password, you will be logged into the system.
- If prompted, update demographic information.
- To request patient reports, please review the How to Make a Request Guide.
Users may want to review the User Support Manual for in depth details.
For Technical Assistance: Contact Appriss at 1-855-4VA-4PMP (1-855-482-4767) Or submit a support request at: https://apprisspmp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Should you have any questions regarding this transition, you may contact the Virginia Prescription Monitoring Program at (804) 367-4514 or (804) 367-4409 or by email at email@example.com.
Opioid Addiction Crisis Declared a Public Health Emergency in Virginia
On November 21, 2016 Governor McAuliffe issued a News Release stating that State Health Commissioner Marissa Levine has declared Virginia’s opioid abuse crisis a Public Health Emergency in the Commonwealth.
VaAware.com offers resources for combating RX drug and heroin abuse
In response to this crisis of addiction, Governor Terry McAuliffe’s Task Force on Rx Drug and Heroin Abuse in Virginia recommended that state agencies create a comprehensive website. Here is VaAware.com, an online resource developed as an informational tool for all citizens of Virginia.
The site features specific pages for parents, educators, licensed practitioners, law enforcement officers and drug dependents, and offers best practices for recognizing, preventing, diagnosing, treating, and recovering from opioid/heroin abuse.
FDA News Release
The FDA announced on August 31, 2016 that strong warnings are issued against the concurrent use of prescription opioid analgesics and cough medicines along with benzodiazepines. Serious risks and death have been associated with this combination. For more information please read the annoucement