Radiologic Technologists Advisory Board Frequently Asked Questions
1. When did licensure become effective?
Regulations requiring licensure for Radiologic Technologists became effective December 25, 1996.
2. Do I have to have a license to work in a hospital?
The law (Code of Virginia) requires anyone practicing radiologic technology to have a license except an employee of a licensed hospital, provided that person is acting within the scope of his employment or engagement as a radiologic technologist. Therefore, if you work in a hospital but are not an employee of that hospital, you must have a license.
3. How can I obtain an application for a license and how long does the process take?
Applications can be accessed from the board’s website or you may call the board office at 804-367-4600. The average time to process an application is 6 to 8 weeks.
4. Can I practice with a temporary license until a full license is issued?
Virginia does not issue a temporary license, however, an applicant who is an unlicensed graduate of an ARRT approved program may be employed as a trainee under the direct supervision of a licensed radiologic technologist, doctor of medicine, osteopathy, chiropractic or podiatry. An application for a traineeship shall be approved by the board before the traineeship can begin and shall terminate fourteen working days after receipt by the candidate of the licensure examination results.
5. Does your state have reciprocity?
No. An applicant must meet the education and examination requirements to become licensed.
6. My school is no longer in existence. How do I provide documentation of education?
You must provide a notarized copy of your school’s diploma and transcript and a statement that your school is no longer in existence.
7. When do I have to renew my license and how long does it take to process?
Your license must be renewed biennially during your birth month in each odd-numbered year. The fee is $135.00. A current license is printed, mailed and delivered to its destination within 10 working days. If you do not receive your updated license within four weeks of payment, contact the board office.
8. What is the difference between an active and inactive license, and what are my options to renew my license?
An active license allows practice. An inactive does not allow practice. You may renew in an active status, inactive status or allow your license to expire.
9. I am applying for a license in another state that requires verification of my Virginia license. How do I verify my license to another jurisdiction?
Go to www.dhp.virginia.gov and click on “License Lookup” from the menu bar. This is current, primary source verification that includes the same information the Board provides in a written verification.
You may also complete a Virginia license verification request form and submit with the appropriate processing fee.
Please note the following:
- Verification requests received without a fee will not be processed or returned to the sender
- Verifications are processed and mailed within 5-7 business days of receipt.
- Under no circumstances will the Board send license verifications for overnight delivery even with a prepaid envelope.
- If your license verification is not received, the Board will send a second verification free of charge; however, if more than three months have lapsed or the second verification is not received, a new request and fee are required.
10. What if I had not notified you of my change of address and the renewal form was sent to the old address?
If you do not receive a notice to renew, you will need to contact the board office at 804-367-4600 for instructions to renew.
11. What if my renewal payment is not received by the deadline?
An additional fee for processing a late renewal will be imposed. The license will not be updated until the additional fee is received.
12. I have mailed my renewal form to you. When can I expect to receive my new wallet card?
A renewal certificate with the wallet card attached is generated upon receipt of the renewal fee. It should reach the licensees address of record within 10 to 14 business days.
13. I am going out of the country for a year. Can I renew early?
A license can only be updated within 60 days prior to the expiration date. Early renewal for military deployment may be considered. Call 804-367-4600.
14. What do I have to do to notify the board of an upcoming name change?
Name changes must be submitted in writing with a copy of legal documentation of name change. Requests may be faxed to 804-527-4426.
15. I have not received my renewal certificate for the current year. What do I need to do?
Contact the board office at 804-367-4600.
16. Can you fax renewal forms to me?
17. May I verify a license online?
Yes. Visit the License Look Up.
18. Does the Virginia Board have a newsletter?
The board publishes a Board Brief newsletter periodically. The latest Board Briefs can be found online.
19. May I renew my Virginia license online?
Yes, you are able to renew during your renewal cycle through the Online Licensing website.
20. May I change my address online?
Yes. Visit the Online Licensing site for more details.
21. If I want to file a complaint, may I obtain a complaint form online?
22. What are the CE requirements for renewal?
Renewal in a current/active status requires attestation of having completed 24 hours of continuing education as acceptable to and documented by the ARRT within the last biennium. At least 12 of the hours must be acceptable to the ARRT as Category A.