Healthcare licensees may renew their license online using a Visa, MasterCard or Discover credit card. Your credit card payment is processed as a secure, encrypted transaction for your protection.
The Virginia Department of Health Professions is including an online renewal Personal Identification Number (PIN) with each License Renewal Notice sent out. The License Renewal Notice is sent out approximately 60 days before your license is scheduled to expire. Please note that you must have your username and password or this PIN to renew through the Web site.
If you have not received a PIN, please email the Agency's Call Center at CallCenter@dhp.virginia.gov. Please provide the following information in your request:
- Full Name
- 10-digit Virginia License Number
- Date of Birth (not applicable for facilities)
- Last 4 Digits of Social Security Number (not applicable for facilities)
To see if your profession can renew online check this list.
Using Online Licensing users can now:
- Renew professional licenses.
- Update address of record.
- Provide emergency contact information.
- Request duplicate licenses issued through the Department of Health Professions.
Please have your license number, PIN, and credit card ready before beginning the online renewal process.
If you are a first time visitor to the Online Licensing site please register as a New User using your PIN and License number as provided in your Renewal Notice.
If you have already logged into the Online Licensing site and have established your username and password continue to the Login page.
If you have questions about the process please view our Frequently Asked Questions.