Board of Long-Term Care Administrators
Laws and Regulations
The below documents are in Microsoft Word format. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can get the Microsoft® Word Viewer to view and print DHP's documents.
- Click here to obtain a Petition for Rule-making. If you would like the Board to consider amending one of its regulations or rules, you may file a "petition for rule-making". The Board is required to publish your petition in the Virginia Register and post it online at www.townhall.virginia.gov to begin a 21-day comment period on the request. Within 90 days after the comment period or 14 days after its next scheduled meeting, the Board will issue a decision on whether it will grant or deny the petition. A copy of the petition form is provided. You may email the petition to the address below, fax it to the number on the form or mail it to the Board address.
- Regulations Governing the Practice of Assisted Living Facility Administrators Effective Date: 2/6/2020
- Regulations Governing the Practice of Nursing Home Administrators Effective Date: 2/6/2020
- Public Participation Guidelines - 1/12/2017
- Regulations Governing Delegation to an Agency Subordinate - 4/16/2021
Emergency Regulations - Amended regulations in effect for 18 months
- None at this time.
- None at this time.
By law, the persons licensed as health care practitioners have a duty to report to the Virginia Department of Social Services or the local departments of social services any known or suspected incidences of abuse, neglect, or exploitation of children or elderly and incapacitated adults. Contact information and a copy of the law may be obtained at: Legal Requirements to Report Child Abuse and Adult Abuse
The Adult Protective Services Program at the Virginia Department of Social Services is pleased to announce the availability of a new online educational opportunity for mandated reporters of abuse, neglect and exploitation of older or incapacitated individuals. This online training course has been developed for, and with the assistance of, mandated reporters and APS professionals to assist mandated reporters in understanding adult abuse and their responsibilities as mandated reporters. Read More...(Word .doc)