Virginia Board of Pharmacy
Laws & Regulations
The below documents are in Microsoft Word format. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can get the Microsoft® Word Viewer 97/2000 to view and print DHP's documents.
- Click here to obtain a Petition for Rule-making: If you would like the Board to consider amending one of its regulations or rules, you may file a “petition for rule-making”. The Board is required to publish your petition in the Virginia Register to begin a 21-day comment period on the request. At the end of the 21 days, the Board must issue a written decision on whether it will grant or deny the petition. A copy of the petition form is provided. You may email the petition to the address below, fax it to the number on the form or mail it to the Board address.
- Regulations Governing the Practice of Pharmacy (9-7-2016)
- Regulations Governing Wholesale Distributors, Manufacturers, and Warehousers (7-16-2015)
- Public Participation Guidelines (10-29-2008)
- Regulations for Practitioners of the Healing Arts to Sell Controlled Substances (Effective 12-7-2015 to 6/6/2017)
- Regulations for Collaborative Practice Agreements (4-23-2014)
- none at this time
Laws relating to the sales of methamphetamine precursors-pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine.
By law, the persons licensed as health care practitioners have a duty to
report to the Virginia Department of Social Services or the local departments
of social services any known or suspected incidences of abuse, neglect,
or exploitation of children or elderly and incapacitated adults. Contact
information and a copy of the law may be obtained at: Legal
Requirements to Report Child Abuse and Adult Abuse