Board of Physical Therapy
Click below for the latest News for the Virginia Board of Physical Therapy.
- Scam Alert - March 2021 (pdf)
- Dry Needling, Renewal infomration and other news - October 2020 (pdf)
- Continuing Education and Upcoming Renewals - August 2020 (pdf)
- FSBPT aPTitude, ProCert, and oPTion Discontinuation (pdf)
- Fraudulent Communications notice - September 2019 (pdf)
- Newsletter September 2019 (pdf)
- News Brief December 2018 (pdf)
- News Brief October 2018 (pdf)
- News Brief May 2018 (pdf)
- News Brief June 2017 (pdf)
- Newletter October 2007 (pdf)
To view the pdf files on this page you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
COVID related updates from the Board – March 2020 – June 2021
Notification Regarding Remote Communications and HIPAA During Public Health Emergency (March 18, 2020)
The Office for Civil Rights (OVR) at the Department of Health and Human Services has relaxed its rules involving HIPAA for the use of telehealth during the COVID-19 National Emergency.
Please read the notice at this link.
Please note, because this is a federal announcement, the Board of Physical Therapy is not in a position to answer questions or offer clarification on this issue.
Governor’s Executive Order 57: The Governor’s Amended Executive Order 57 contains additional provisions related to telehealth and healthcare providers. To view the Executive Order, click here.
Out-of-State Licensee Reporting
Updated June 11, 2020
In response to Governor Northam's Amended Executive Orders 57, 51, and Executive Order 42, hospitals, licensed nursing facilities, and dialysis facilities in Virginia must submit to the Department of Health Professions each out-of-state health care practitioner's name, license type, state of license, and license identification number within a reasonable time of such healthcare practitioner providing services at the applicable health care facility in the Commonwealth.
Please access the Out-of-State Licensee Reporting Form here.