|Board of Pharmacy|
Phone: (804) 367-4456
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:15 to 5:00
|Other Citizen Services|
Own Your Future: Virginia's Long-Term Care Awareness Campaign
Meningitis outbreak linked to steroid injection; expanded drug recall
The CDC and FDA in a joint telebriefing held on October 4, 2012 stated, “Out of an abundance of caution, CDC and FDA recommend that all healthcare personnel cease use and remove from their pharmacy inventories any product produced by the New England Compounding Center.” Information regarding the expanded recalled products and notification by NECC may be accessed at http://www.neccrx.com/
- Update March 4, 2013: Notice to Clinicians: Continued Vigilance Urged for Fungal Infections among Patients Who Received Contaminated Steroid Injections
- December 19, 2012 Virginia Clinicians' Letter: Meningitis Investigation Update
- November 1, 2012: Update on NECC Products: Samples of injectable betamethasone and cardioplegia solution test positive for bacterial contamination
- Oct. 31, 2012: FDA reports voluntary recall of all Ameridose drug products; product list released
- Oct. 22, 2012: FDA Update on Fungal Meningitis Outbreak; NECC Customer List; Advice to NECC customers, patients, and healthcare professionals
- CDC advisory letter
- Letter from the Virginia State Health Commissioner
- Order of Mandatory Suspension against New England Compounding Center, Framingham, MA
- CDC’s website at http://www.cdc.gov/HAI/outbreaks/meningitis.html
New Requirement for Obtaining ACPE-approved Continuing Education - Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians must now obtain an NABP e-Profile ID in order to receive credit from ACPE-approved continuing education providers. Click here for background and instructions.
Instructions for Obtaining a Pharmacist License through Examination
Study Guide (Examination Handbook) for Virginia Federal and State Drug Law Exam (Word .doc)
Buying medicine online -For information about buying
medicine online, visit the Consumer Protection section of the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy®
(NABP®) Web site.
For more information:
Buying Medicine and Medical Products over the Internet from the FDA
Drug Disposal - How a consumer may properly dispose
of unwanted prescription drugs.
Guidance from Office of National Drug Control Policy (pdf)
Campaign from U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the American Pharmacists Association, and the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
Guidance from the FDA
Extension of renewal requirements for deployed military and spouses
Virginia law allows active duty service people or their spouses who are deployed outside the U.S. to have an extension of time for any requirement or fee pertaining to renewal until 60 days after the person’s return from deployment. The extension cannot last beyond 5 years past the expiration date for the license. For more information, please read attached policy and contact the applicable board for your license.
Laws & Regulations
Applications & Forms
Download the Forms and Applications available from the Virginia Board of Pharmacy.
View the list of Professions regulated by the Board.
Guidance DocumentsView and download the available guidance documents from the Virginia Board of Pharmacy.
Information regarding Continuing Education Requirements (MS Word)
Board of Pharmacy CalendarThe Board of Pharmacy's Calendar of upcoming Board meetings and minutes from past Board meetings.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFind the answers to common questions
Newsletters & PresentationsRead the latest board news and see recent presentations in the Newsletters & Presentations page.
Regulatory Town Hall
The Virginia Department of Planning & Budget has designed a Regulatory Town Hall for anyone interested in the proposal of regulations or meetings of regulatory boards.