Virginia Board of Pharmacy
Applications & Forms

Address of record

Section 54.1-2400.02.B of the Code of Virginia requires the Department of Health Professions (DHP) to collect an official address of record from each health professional to be used by DHP for agency purposes. The Code also requires DHP to provide an opportunity for a health professional to provide a second address for the purpose of public dissemination. If there is no second (public) address provided, the official address of record will be used as the public address for the purpose of public dissemination. This is applicable to all pharmacists, pharmacy interns, and pharmacy technicians. If the individual would prefer that his/her address of record remain confidential, then an alternative public address must be provided to DHP. (Note: the License Lookup feature on the DHP public website does not contain the full address. However, public addresses are available by contacting Virginia Interactive Premium Service or the Board.) An individual is not required to submit a place of residence for either the official address of record or the public address. A post office box or a practice location is acceptable. This is not true for facilities licensed by the Board of Pharmacy. The address of record for facilities must be the actual physical location of the facility.

Changes to either address may be made at the time of renewal or at any time by written notification to the Board. Changes to the address of record may also be made at any time by accessing your licensure information through the online system. Any change that is made to one of the addresses does not automatically update the other address. Address information should be kept current for the address of record and the public address (if different from the address of record) at all times.

Facilities licensed by the Board may only make changes to their address by filing an application with the Board prior to any change, and such change typically requires an inspection and approval of the new location.

The below documents are in Microsoft Word format. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can get the Microsoft® Word Viewer 97/2000 to view and print documents. To view PDF files you'll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.


Forms and Applications for Pharmacists

Guidance Document 110-2:  Information for Applicants for a License as a Pharmacist - effective August 5, 2021

Applicants for Pharmacist License by Endorsement and Examination, to include graduates of foreign schools of pharmacy, are now accepted online.
Click here to begin the online application process.

NABP license transfer application for pharmacist endorsement (offsite link)

Timeline for pharmacist licensure

Guidance Document 110-17:  Instructions for graduates of foreign schools of pharmacy - effective August 5, 2021

Reinstatement Application and Instructions for a Pharmacist License


Pharmacy Technician Trainees

Persons enrolled in a pharmacy technician training program must obtain a pharmacy technician trainee registration if they will be performing the duties of a pharmacy technician. Do NOT apply for a pharmacy technician trainee registration if you already hold a current active pharmacy technician registration OR have held a pharmacy technician registration that has been lapsed for less than 5 years.

Applications for Pharmacy Technician Trainee Registration are now exclusively accepted online. Click here to begin the online application process.


Pharmacy Technicians

Applications for Pharmacy Technician Registration are now exclusively accepted online. Click here to begin the online application process.

Reinstatement Application and Instructions for a Pharmacy Technician Registration

Application for Registration as a Limited-Use Pharmacy Technician (for use exclusively in a free clinic)

Affidavit by Free Clinic Director for Limited-Use Pharmacy Technician



Pharmacy Intern

Applications for Registration as a Pharmacy Intern are now accepted online. Click here to begin the online application process.

Affidavit of Practical Experience as a Pharmacy Intern

Forms for Pharmacies (In-State)

Pharmacy Permit Application

Pharmacy Closing Notification Form

Registration For A Pharmacy To Be A Collection Site For Donated Drugs

Registration For A Facility To Be An Authorized Collector For Drug Disposal

Application for Re-Inspection of a Facility


Forms for Other Facilities (In-State)

Medical Equipment Supplier Permit Application

Restricted Manufacturer Permit Application (for OTC drugs or transfilling medical oxygen)

Non-Restricted Manufacturer Permit Application

Wholesale Distributor License Application

Warehouser Application

Outsourcing Facility Permit Application

Third-Party Logistics Provider Permit Application

Application for Re-Inspection of a Facility


Forms for Facilities (Out-of-State)

Non-Resident Pharmacy Registration Application

NOTES for Non-Resident Pharmacy Applicants:

Non-Resident Wholesale Distributor Registration Application

Non-Resident Medical Equipment Supplier Registration Application

Non-Resident Outsourcing Facility Registration Application

Non-Resident Manufacturer Registration Application

Non-resident Third Party Logistics Providers Application

Non-resident Warehouser Application


Forms for Physicians

Applications for a License for a Practitioner of the Healing Arts to Sell Controlled Substances are now accepted online. Click here to begin the online application process.

Facility Permit Application for a Practitioner of the Healing Arts to Sell Controlled Substances

Permitted Physician - please contact the Board for this type of application


Forms for Dispensing in NonProfit Facilities

Application for Limited Use Facility Dispensing Permit for NonProfit

Application for Limited Use Practitioner Dispensing License for NonProfit (Physician Assistants or Licensed Nurse Practitioners only)


Forms Relating to Controlled Substances Registration

Effective October 31, 2018, a Controlled Substances Registration is not required for a nursing home utilizing an automated dispensing system that is exclusively stocked with drugs that would be kept in a stat-drug box pursuant to 18VAC110-20-550 or an emergency drug kit pursuant to 18VAC110-20-540 and are solely administered for stat or emergency administration.

A Controlled Substance Registration is not required for an individual prescriber to be authorized to prescribe Schedule II-V drugs.

A Controlled Substance Registration is not required for any Nonresident facility registration.

Application for a Controlled Substances Registration for Various Entities (researchers, government officials, teaching institutions, outpatient surgery centers, EMS agencies, and others)


Inspection Forms

Pharmacy Routine Inspection Report

Pharmacy Inspection - New - Change of Location - Remodel

Medical Equipment Supplier Inspection Report

Controlled Substance Registration Inspection Report

Wholesale Distributor - Warehouser - Third Party Logistics Provider - Restricted and Non-restricted Manufacturer Inspection Report

Practitioners Selling Controlled Substances Inspection Report


DEA Forms

Information regarding the filing of a Theft/Loss Report - DEA Form 106

Click here to link to DEA's website to obtain a copy of Form 106 - Theft/Loss Report



License Verification

A Virginia licensee seeking to obtain a verification of his/her license, certification, or registration at no cost may do so by directing a board, employer, insurance provider or other interested parties to License Lookup. This content resource meets the accreditation standards for primary source verification from the top seven-accreditation organizations for healthcare professionals. 

Name Change Form For Individuals

Application for Board Approval of a Continuing Education Program for CE credit for pharmacists in Virginia

Application for Approval of an Innovative (Pilot) Program

Application for Approval of ACPE Pharmacy School Course(s) for Continuing Education Credit

Application for Approval of Repackaging Training Program

Notification of Distribution Cessation Due to Suspicious Orders

Pharmacist Attestation - CE credit for serving as a preceptor

Out-of-state temporary practitioner reporting form

Volunteer Practice Forms

Volunteer Practice Sponsor Form

Application for Registration for Volunteer Practice

Continuing Education (CE) Credit Form for Volunteer Practice


Monitoring for Board Orders

Important Information About Your Board of Pharmacy Order

Self Report – Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician

Performance Evaluation Form – Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician