Virginia Board of Psychology
Laws & Regulations
The below documents are in Microsoft Word format. If you do not have Microsoft Word, you can get the Microsoft Word Viewer to view and print DHP's documents.
- Click here to obtain a Petition for Rule-making. If you would like the Board to consider amending one of its regulations or rules, you may file a "petition for rule-making". The Board is required to publish your petition in the Virginia Register and post it online at www.townhall.virginia.gov to begin a 21-day comment period on the request. Within 90 days after the comment period or 14 days after its next scheduled meeting, the Board will issue a decision on whether it will grant or deny the petition. A copy of the petition form is provided. You may email the petition to the address below, fax it to the number on the form or mail it to the Board address.
- Regulations Governing the Practice of Psychology (revised March 5, 2020)
- Regulations Governing the Certification of Sex Offender Treatment Providers (revised March 5, 2020)
- Public Participation Guidelines (revised January 12, 2017)
- Regulations Governing Delegation to an Agency Subordinate (revised February 27, 2014)
- none at this time
Regulatory Town Hall
The Virginia Department of Planning & Budget has designed a Regulatory Town Hall for anyone interested in the proposal of regulations or meetings of regulatory boards.
By law, the persons licensed as health care practitioners have a duty to
report to the Virginia Department of Social Services or the local departments
of social services any known or suspected incidences of abuse, neglect,
or exploitation of children or elderly and incapacitated adults. Contact
information and a copy of the law may be obtained at: Legal
Requirements to Report Child Abuse and Adult Abuse