The DHP Healthcare Workforce Data Center was established beginning with an Advisory Council of 17 key stakeholders, advisory committees and workgroups involving 100 + members from respective health professions and data network, to provide advice and expertise with development of the data center, workforce surveys, and reporting information online on this web site.
DHP Healthcare Workforce Advisory Committees and Workgroups include –
- ASLP Workforce Advisory Committee
- Behavioral Science Workforce Advisory Committee
- CNA Workforce Workgroup
- Dentistry Workforce Advisory Committee
- Healthcare Workforce Information Committee
- Long Term Care Workforce Advisory Committee
- Nurse Practitioner Workforce Workgroup
- Nursing Workforce Advisory Committee
- Pharmacy Workforce Advisory Committee
- Physician Assistant Workforce Workgroup
- Physicians Workforce Advisory Committee
The Department of Health Professions was chosen to collect healthcare workforce data in the Commonwealth because the agency has an ongoing repository of licensure information for Virginia’s 350,000 healthcare professionals which includes over 100 healthcare licensee types. DHP has the essential electronic capabilities and ability to effectively conduct workforce policy research and reporting to assist policymakers with tracking the shortages across the Commonwealth and measure the success of strategies to diminish
The mission of the Department of Health Professions is to enhance the delivery of safe and competent health care by professionals, enforcing standards of practice, and providing information to both practitioners and consumers of healthcare services.