Licensed Midwives Advisory Board
Frequently Asked Questions
1.When did state licensure become effective?Regulations requiring state licensure for certified professional midwives became effective December 21, 2005.
2. Who is required to have state licensure to practice?Anyone who practices midwifery or uses the title of licensed midwife.
3. What are the requirements for licensure?Current certification as a CPM, a report from NARM indicating whether there has ever been any adverse action taken against your certification and, if licensed or certified in other jurisdictions, a status report of licensure or certification.
4. Does your state have reciprocity?No. An applicant must meet the education and examination requirements to become state licensed.
5. How can I obtain an application for state license and how long does the process take?Applications can be printed from the board’s website in the Applications and Forms section or you may call the board office at 804-367-4600. The average time to process an application is 6 to 8 weeks.
6. When do I have to renew my state license and how long does it take to process?Your state license must be renewed biennially during your birth month in each odd-numbered year. The fee is $312.00. The additional fee for late renewal of an active license is $105.00. A current license is printed, mailed and delivered to your address of record within 7 to 10 business days. If you do not receive your updated license within four weeks of payment, contact the board office.
7. I am applying for a license/certification in another state that requires verification of my Virginia license. What is the process for verification?
Go to www.dhp.virginia.gov and click on “License Lookup” from the menu bar. This is current, primary source verification that includes the same information the Board provides in a written verification.
You may also complete a Virginia license verification request form and submit with the appropriate processing fee.
Please note the following:
- Verification requests received without a fee will not be processed or returned to the sender
- Verifications are processed and mailed within 5-7 business days of receipt.
- Under no circumstances will the Board send license verifications for overnight delivery even with a prepaid envelope.
- If your license verification is not received, the Board will send a second verification free of charge; however, if more than three months have lapsed or the second verification is not received, a new request and fee are required.
8. What if I had not notified you of my change of address and the renewal form was sent to the old address?If you do not receive a notice to renew, you will need to contact the board office at 804-367-4600 for instructions.
9. What if my renewal payment is not received by the deadline?An additional fee for processing a late renewal will be imposed. The license will not be updated until the additional fee is received.
10. I have mailed my renewal form to you. When can I expect to receive my new wallet card?A renewal license certificate with the wallet card attached is generated upon receipt of the renewal fee. It should reach the licensees address of record within 7 to 10 business days.
11. I am going out of the country for a year. Can I renew early?A license can only be updated within 60 days prior to the expiration date. Early renewal for military deployment may be considered. Call 804-367-4600.
12. What do I have to do to notify the board of an upcoming name change?Name changes must be submitted in writing with a copy of legal documentation of name change. Requests may be faxed to 804-527-4426.
13. I have not received my renewal license certificate for the current year. What do I need to do?Contact the board office at 804-367-4600.
14. Can you fax renewal forms to me?No.
15. May I verify state licensure online?Yes. Visit the License Look Up.
16. Does the Virginia Board have a newsletter?The Board publishes a Board Brief periodically. Board briefs can be found on our website.
17. May I renew my Virginia state license online?Yes, you are able to renew during your renewal cycle through the Online Licensing website.
18. May I change my address online?Yes. Visit the Online Licensing site for more details.
19. If I want to file a complaint, may I obtain a complaint form online?Yes, visit the Enforcement section of the DHP web to get the form and you may email your complaint to email@example.com.
20. Can I renew by license in an inactive status?Yes. The fee for biennial inactive license renewal is $168.00. The additional fee for late renewal of an inactive license is $55.00.
21. What are the CE requirements for renewal?Renewal in a current/active status requires attestation of current CPM certification by NARM.