What you’ll need in order to apply:
- If you are a Surgical Technologist, provide to the Board evidence or documented proof of one of the following six (6) credentialing pathways listed below. For any pathway selected, please mail an original notarized copy of your credential/certificate, transcript, diploma or letter of completion to the Board. You can also request that this information be emailed directly to the Board at email@example.com by the credentialing body or the program where you completed your surgical technology training or apprenticeship. The Board will not accept a document that has been copied after it has been notarized.
- Notarized copy of transcript or certificate awarded showing successful completion of an accredited surgical technologist training program and current credential as a surgical technologist issued by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or its successor; or
- Successful completion of a surgical technologist training program during the applicant’s service as a member of any branch of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Successful completion of a surgical technologist apprenticeship program registered with the U.S. Department of Labor; or
- Successful completion of an hospital-based surgical technologist training program approved by the Board; or
- Successful completion of a surgical technologist training program through an accredited institution or program by a nationally recognized accreditation organization and current credential as a surgical technologist from a board-approved entity. The surgical technologist credential issued by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) is approved by the Board; or
- Practice as a surgical technologist or full attendance at a surgical technologist training program at any time prior to October 1, 2022, provided an application for registration as a surgical technologist is submitted to the Board by December 31, 2023.
Instructions for Completing an Application to Practice as a Certified Surgical Technologist
Begin the online application